PEL Library: Learning by Doing

Welcome to the PEL Library Blog. Learn, read, smile...

Saturday, March 7, 2009

BUYING A MAC

tenor%20banjos%20a.jpg

H
OW IS BUYING A MAC LIKE BUYING A BANJO?

I think it must have been in the 1980, but I am not good with remembering dates. I decided that I would learn how to play the banjo, Now...you have to realize that I am not musical at all. I can't sing, I can't read notes and I had traumatic experiences in school with music teachers. I love the banjo, so I walked into a music store and brought a 5 string banjo. No problem there, the problem came when I left the store with the banjo. How can a non-musical person walk around with a banjo. I felt like an impersonator and as I walked it was difficult to actually hold this instrument close to me. This is the same feeling I had today when I brought my mac. I've never had a mac and don't know how to use them, who did I think I was. Once again there was that feeling of being an impersonator, and holding the box in a detached way.
BUT...writing my blog on my new mac on flock is lovely and wonderful and much easier than learning the banjo...so far!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment